Family First Palliative Care strives to:
- Help you better manage your condition
- Reduce the number of hospital visits from chronic, ongoing illness
- Improve your quality of life
- Assist you and your family to better manage your illness
- Find your way through a difficult healthcare system
- Provide comfort care, reduce pain and manage symptoms
- Support you as you have treatment to cure or slow an illness
- Make certain you have the time you need for decisions
- Respect your wishes and care choices
You’re At Home with Family First
Family First Palliative Care delivers care in the privacy of your home. This could be in a nursing center, or assisted living community, or somewhere else. Our offices are in Alpharetta. Georgia, but we provide care in communities in 18 counties. (Link to List or add Image)
In palliative care, you can still continue curative treatments. Palliative Care can also be provided at the same time as home health services.
We are on call 24 hours a day. We provide support so you can get on with your daily life. We help you relieve symptoms such as pain, fatigue, nausea, not sleeping, constipation, loss of appetite, and shortness of breath.
You peace of mind is important to us. We talk with your existing health care providers to coordinate care, conduct exams, provide social work support, track drug interactions, help with advance care plans, and offer mental, emotional and spiritual support.
How Palliative Care Payment Works
Simply, Palliative Care is a “consultative specialist” to your primary care doctor. Your care is covered by your medical provider insurance coverage, Medicare or Medicaid. This is the same coverage that you would get for any specialist.
During your assessment, please ask a member of our Care Team to help with any questions you may have about your coverage.